Top Yoga Moves To Shrink Fibroid Naturally
Yoga is a combination of various stretching exercises with periods of relaxation and controlled breathing. All geared towards strengthening the body, improving its flexibility and balance; and to calm the mind. Some yoga moves can be done to reduce the size of uterine fibroids, reduce symptoms or reposition and prevent them from growing.
Fibroids are benign tumors in the uterine muscle tissue which result in infertility in women. The tumor causes painful menstruation and frequent urination when it grows and touches the bladder. Yoga has lots of detoxification benefits on women suffering from fibroids because it helps open the abdominal area and massage the lower spine, two areas that are common problems for women with uterine fibroids.
Yoga Moves To Shrink Fibroid – Seated Side Twist
It is a simple seated pose and involves a half twist that alleviates discomfort caused by fibroids. It is more like a tonic for the spine and the abdominal organs. To perform this pose:
- Assume a thunderbolt sit pose
- Slide off your heel to the left such that your left buttock touches the floor and the right buttock on the arch of the left leg
- Place your left hand on the floor. A little behind the left hip and the right hand on the outside of the left knee
- Inhale and stretch your spine upward
- Then exhale and twist towards the left side
- Repeat No 5 with proper inhalation and exhalation. While at it make sure your shoulders are relaxed.
Yoga Moves To Shrink Fibroid – Supported Bridge Pose
Is a lying down yoga pose in which your hands help to support your hips or performed with the use of yoga blocks or other yoga props. To perform this move
- Lie down on your back, feet behind your hips and knees up
- Lift your knees up to comfortable level and place a block under your sacrum.
- With your eyes fixed on the ceiling, keep your hands down by your side. Palms facing down
- Walk your feet towards your buttocks and inhale into your chest.
- Then exhale and draw in your lower abs.
- With your abs still engaged, keep your spine in neutral. Now, begin to slowly lift your hips off the floor to form a bridge pose.
- Inhale and exhale, then in a slow-motion lower yourself down.
- Do a 10 hip lift and then hold your hips up. Still in that posture, take a deep breath gently, 5 times.
- To end the pose, slowly lower back down to the floor, roll on to your side then assume a sitting position.
The supported bridge post opens up and softens the abdominal tissue; heals prolapsed uterus and controls menstrual flow; reduces back pain.
Yoga Moves To Shrink Fibroid – Inverted Staff Pose
This is first started with a warm-up. You need to possess a strong wheel pose to practice this move because it is an advanced super deep back-bend and chest opener.
Beginner yogis are advised against practicing this move. Injured yogis, pregnant women, and high blood pressure yogis also should not practice the move.
The inverted staff pose has the best body detox which could be either opening the heart and shoulders or stretching posies and strengthening the legs. Generally, it detoxes your body and energizes you.
Yoga Moves To Shrink Fibroid – Reclining Hero Pose
To practice this poses, start with a warm-up exercise than sit up straight on your bottom sit bones.
- Place your hands by your side
- Exhale and then lean back towards the floor
- Shift your weight on to your hands and then to your elbows and forearms
- As you lean on your elbows, put your hands on your pelvis
- Now release the buttocks and lower back by pushing yourself downwards towards your tailbone
- Finish reclining by going on to the floor. Here two blankets of the same height can be used to support your spine while you are moving downwards
- Maintain your posture between 30 seconds and a minute.
The longer the duration spent on this pose, the better you become mastered to the move through repeated practices. Beginners can also practice this move but unlike advanced yogis, you are to keep your knees spread out, hold a book between your thighs or tie your thighs together before you begin the pose. All this aims at reducing the pains that a beginner might feel during their first few attempts of the move.
Its merits include strengthening the abdomen, thighs, and ankles; being used as therapy on menstrual problems and infertility. It reduces the size of uterine fibroids and its discomfort; good for the relief of fatigue.
Yoga Moves To Shrink Fibroid – Standing Forward Bend
This is another move that helps shrink fibroids and is also therapeutic for infertility, osteoporosis, and sinusitis. To perform this pose
- Stand with your feet together, knees slightly bent.
- Fold your torso over your legs, moving from the hips. Not from your waist
- Place your hands next to your feet. Or place your hands on the ground in front of you Inhale and extend your chest to lengthen your spine.
- Keep your gaze directed forward.
- Exhale and gently press both legs forward straight. Lift the kneecaps and gently spiral your upper, inner thighs back still keeping your legs straight.
- Exhale and extend your torso down without rounding your back.
- Stay straight throughout, your neck extending the crown of your head towards the ground.
- In performing this pose neither round your upper back and roll your shoulders forward nor lock your knees and round your lower back.
Fibroids may be single or many and can spread. Hopefully, you would practice these moves rather than panic. However, it is advised to steer clear of yoga in the first three days of your menstruation. The reason is that it can be more painful and increase the chance of the fibroid’s growth if done in the wrong way.
According to Amanda Leto, the creator of the Fibroids Miracle, the program shows guidelines about improving your overall health, removing your pain and repairing your metabolism.