Best Red Tea Recipes For Tea Lovers
If you are looking for the best African red rooibos tea recipes and other ways to prepare your red tea- either to drink or incorporate into your breakfast meals- you are in the right place. These recipes discussed here today are for the healthiest homemade teas anyone can take because they are 100% natural; no preservatives or colorants, no caffeine or added sugar.
They are perfect for kids; you can mix some up or let them have it as iced lollies for sport, lunch, or after school. These rooibos tea recipes are great drinks and pre/post-workout drink game-changer. Combining these red tea recipes with fruit juice comes with a burst of antioxidants, flavor, and pure refreshment.
With the red tea recipes below, you can enjoy all the benefits of red tea every day. This will add a unique flavor to your meals and probably save your life one day!
Rooibos Tea Recipes – How To Make Red Tea at Home
- Boil water with an electric kettle and set its temperature to 208°F. …
- Warm up the teapot and add some hot water into it. Then, swirl it around.
- Put rooibos into the teapot and add hot water.
- Cover the teapot and let it steep for 5 minutes.
- Strain the tea solids and pour it into a teacup.
Best Rooibos Tea Recipes
The following delicious red tea recipes are different ways for you to enjoy the benefits of red tea without getting bored with the South African herbal tea.
Pure Red Rooibos Latte
Pure rooibos is extremely good for making lattes, either flavored or pure. Unlike normal tea or coffee, rooibos is suitable for any time of the day because it is caffeine-free.
- Pure rooibos tea – 2 teaspoons
- Water – 50 ml
- Milk – 200 ml
- Maple syrup or honey
- Boil the water and steep 2 teaspoons of rooibos tea in it for 10 minutes
- Strain it and transfer it into a mug
- Heat milk in a saucepan over on a low heat and whisk it to make a froth
- Add the milk into steeped rooibos tea inside the mug
- Add your sweetener and stir
- Serve and enjoy.
2. Red Rooibos Syrup
Another way to exploit a whole new world of ways to enjoy the benefits of red tea is making this batch of rooibos tea syrup.
- Rooibos tea – 5 teaspoons
- Sugar – ½ cup /100 grams
- Water – ½ cup
- Boil about ½ cup of spring water and steep your pure rooibos tea in it.
- Leave it for 10-15 minutes, strain it and transfer it into a saucepan.
- Allow it to boil on a low-heat. Add sugar as you stir it until the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove it from the heat and let it cool down.
- Keep it in a jar in the fridge.
You can either add it to cocktails or mix it with warm milk. It will also go with regular and rice puddings. You can also add it to your pancakes and other desserts.
3. Rooibos Banana Smoothie
This red rooibos tea smoothie is a perfect ingredient for anyone looking to boost their morning energy even though it does not contain caffeine. To make rooibos banaba smoothie, you need the following:
- Rooibos tea – 2 teaspoons
- Milk or yogurt – ½ cup
- 1 banana
- ½ mango
- Honey (optional)
- Boil about 50 ml of spring water and steep your pure rooibos tea in it.
- Leave it for 10 minutes and then strain. (If you intend to have the red tea banana smoothie for breakfast, you may prepare the tea the night before and leave it in the fridge).
- Peel and chop the mango and banana
- Get your blender. Add the rooibos tea, yogurt or milk, mango, banana and honey or other sweetener of your choice.
- Blend the ingredients for about 10-20 seconds.
- Serve and enjoy.
4. Berry Iced Red Tea
This is an easy-to-prepare rooibos tea that anyone can make at home and in few minutes! It is also packed with antioxidants. If you are looking for a delicious way to cool down on hot days and boost your immune system, this berry-iced rooibos tea recipe will come is quite reliable.
- Red tea
- Berry fruit syrup
- Prepare your red tea as you would prepare your coffee.
- Fill a glass with ⅔ iced water
- Pour the red tea over ice and water
- Put 2 pumps of the berry-flavored syrup
- Stir well and serve it with fresh berries.
5. Red Tea With Salmon Fillet
Salmon is among the healthiest species of fishes. When combined with red tea, you will get a delicious dish that can significantly elevate your health.
- Salmon fillets – 350 grams
- Red tea leaves – 1 teaspoon
- Green beans – 100 grams
- Soy sauce – 2 tablespoons
- Hot red pepper – 100 grams
- Soybean oil – 1 tablespoon
- Broccoli florets – 100 grams
- Shredded carrot – 50 grams
- Salt – 1/ 4 teaspoon
- White Pepper
- Olive oil
- 1 lemon
- Cover your salmon fillets with red tea leaves, salt and pepper. Allow the ingredients to seep in for a few minutes.
- Slice the green beans diagonally and bake it with broccoli rosettes.
- Pre-heat the wok. Then add the soy sauce.
- Cut the red pepper and sauté them on the wok. Add the carrots, green beans, broccoli, soy sauce and salt.
- Mix everything well.
- Fry the salmon in a frying pan until it has an opaque color.
- Arrange the ingredients on a plate; place the vegetables first and then the salmon on top. Garnish it with a lemon bud and olive oil.
6. Fresh Red Apple Iced Tea
This is one of the best red tea recipes that you can enjoy with your family anytime of the day or before your bed time.
- ground Rooibos
- Apple juice
- Prepare your red tea as you would prepare your coffee and fill a glass with ice
- Add about 2/3 of you apple juice
- Pour the prepared red tea over ice and apple juice
- Garnish it; you can use a slice of lemon or fresh mint.
7. Strawberry Red Tea Tiramisu
This is a delicious dessert from red tea and it is sure to be loved by children.
- Powdered gelatin – 1 pack
- Strawberries -300 grams
- Water -700 milliliters
- 4 eggs
- White sugar – 100 grams
- Gelatin sheets – 4 pieces
- Lemon juice – ¼ cup
- 1 cup of red tea
- 250 milliliters of clean water
- Brandy – 1 teaspoon
- Cocoa powder
- Create the cream. Start by separating the yolks of the eggs from the white. Then, add sugar to the yolks. Beat it until you get a cream.
- Soak the gel sheets in water for a few minutes.
- Add 3 drops of lemon juice and a pinch of salt to the egg whites. Whisk until it forms soft peaks.
- Fold yolks and egg white together but do not over mix.
- Get the gelatin sheets drained and dissolve them with a microwave. Allow the gelatin to slightly cool down and pour them on the creams.
- Leave it in the refrigerator for 45 minutes.
- Add the brandy to the red tea.
- Spread a 1/2 cm layer of cream on the bottom of your serving dish.
- Put the ladyfingers in the tea and put them on the cream. Spread another cream layer on the ladyfingers.
- Leave in the refrigerator for another 45 minutes.
- Boil water.
- Use a food processor to blend the strawberries. Add some gelatin to it and blend further. Add hot water and blend again.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes. Pour it on the cream and add another layer of cream. Dust it with cocoa powder.
8. Fresh Red Peach Iced Tea
- Ground rooibos
- Peach juice
- Get your brewed rooibos ready and have a glass filled with ice
- Include the peach juice
- Pour your prepared rooibos over peach juice and ice.
9. Red Tea Strawberry Cream
If you are looking to enjoy a red tea recipe that is moderately blunt and not too sweet, this is a well-balanced dessert that you might want to try. It can be enjoyed by both adults and children.
- Fresh strawberries – 300 grams
- Brown sugar – 70 grams
- Water – 200 milliliters
- Red tea and cornstarch – 1 teaspoon each
- Chocolate shavings – 2 tablespoons
- Strawberries – 2 pieces
- Wash and cut the strawberries.
- Use a blender to blend the strawberries with sugar briefly.
- Soak the tea in boiled water for 5 minutes and when it has given you the red tea, add the cornstarch and strawberry to it.
- Heat a small saucepan on a low flame. Add everything from step 3; red tea, cornstarch, and strawberry.
- Allow them to cook for 10 minutes. Continue to stir it so that it doesn’t burn until you get a thickened mixture.
- Let the product cool down for one hour and pour it into another bowl. Leave it in the refrigerator for about 2 hours
- To serve, garnish with chocolate shavings and strawberry pieces.
10. Filter Red Roibois
This is a sophisticated but healthy pure rooibos tea drink you may want to go for if you get bored of coffee and decaf. You can enjoy a delicious café experience without coffee.
- Ground rooibos
- Honey (optional)
- Get your brewed rooibos ready.
- You may add either milk, honey or a thin slice of lemon
- Serve and enjoy.
11. Red Tea Pancake
This red tea recipe is perfect for breakfast. Infusing your pancakes in red tea is a good way to start your day with a healthy breakfast.
- Red tea – 3 tea bags
- Hot water – 2 cups
- Ready-made pancake mix – 2 cups
- Butter and brown sugar – 1/4 cup of each
- Pecan halves – 1/2 cup
- Put the 3 tea bags of red tea in water and allow it to boil for 10 minutes.
- After it has cooled down for a couple of minutes, heat a pan with medium heat. Add a cup and a half of the cooled tea to the pancake mix.
- Melt the butter on the heated pan and add 5 pecan halves to it. Then add 1/3 cup of the pancake mixture and cook it with the pecan halves.
- Add a dash of brown sugar and a small amount of butter on the sugar granules.
- When you feel the pancake’s bottom has been cooked to your own preference, flip the pancake and leave it for 40 seconds. Put it into a plate and add the syrup of your choice over the pancakes.
- Serve and enjoy!
12. Rooibos-Lemon Iced Red
- Ground rooibos
- Coconut water
- Lemon syrup
- Get a glass with fill it with ice
- Add ⅔ iced water
- Pour your brewed rooibos over ice and water
- Include 2 pumps of fruit syrup. (other syrup flavors you can choose from include blackberry, mango, peach, raspberry, and strawberry)
- Add a slice of lemon
- Stir it and serve.
Green Tea Vs Black Tea Vs Rooibos Tea For Weight Loss
A 2019 study in the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition discovered that taking green tea extract didn’t result in any significant weight loss in 12 men who had normal weight when their resting metabolism was checked.
However, a Cochrane Review of the research on green tea shows that this type of tea led to only a small weight loss effect in overweight adults. Also, according to the review, regularly consuming green tea didn’t make people maintain their weight.
According to Michael Jensen– an endocrinologist at the Mayo Clinic, green tea can slightly raise your metabolic rate but don’t expect a different effect than the one you would get from coffee.
Another issue is that adding sugar into your green tea is another source of extra calories. Experts suggest that people who frequently drink tea may consume about 300 calories from sugar.
Black tea is actually still green tea – “burnt green tea”. It is loaded with caffeine like the regular green tea. Side effects of consuming too much caffeine include heart palpitations, “jittery” feelings, vomiting, and nausea.
You also have the option of drinking decaffeinated tea; green or black. However, you will miss out on the natural ingredients they would all have been destroyed in the decaffeination process. Also, black tea is often taken with milk.
Milk slows down the rate at which your body absorbs polyphenols and other valuable antioxidants in the tea. This is even worse when you use skim milk. This is why it makes more sense to choose South African rooibos red tea.
Why Is African Red Rooibos Tea Better?
Red tea is completely caffeine-free, sugar-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, and safe for both vegan and vegetarian. It is tasty and refreshing; whether cold or hot. It is also very good for body detoxification. Red tea has no oxalic acid, unlike green and black teas. It has very low levels of tannin, so it is better than other teas that can bind iron.
Red tea is scientifically proven to be full of powerful antioxidants and also has antiparasitic, antibacterial, and antiviral action that can help you boost your immunity. Red tea does not only halt hunger, but it can as well reverse the toxic build-up in the body’s fat cells –thanks to its powerful antioxidants.
Rooibos Tea Recipes – Take Away
Familiarizing yourself with varieties of rooibos tea recipes means different ways of enjoying the benefits of red tea. If you find it hard to get used to drinking red tea, you can add the herbal tea into your meals; especially your breakfast. Popular for its extremely high levels of antioxidants and caffeine-free benefits, incorporating rooibos tea into your lifestyle is a great way to add unique flavor to your meals.